• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie don't love me :( HELP!

babyg14388

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So a couple months ago I adopted Rango my second beardie he was six months I got him from the pet store he was attacked by others and had some damage done to his toes ! He is all better now and very energentic but still scared to death! I have been trying to help him relax buy not much is working hes only happy alone in his tank eating crickets :( I walk by the tank and he puffs and opens his mouth ! Even when Im just sitting on the couch I will just set him on my chest to try to relax him and as soon as I look at him opens his mouth and puffs :( I don't want my beardie to just live in his cage and hate me!!!!! Any suggestions beside bringing him out and just letting him sit with me cuz it's not working........

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
all you can do is keep building that trust with him he still thinks your going to hurt him

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
a couple of things you can try:

1) always go slow and pick him up from underneth not from above.
2) talk one of your dirty shirts (Not nast dirty just worn :)) and place it in the VIV. He will get use to your sent and then be more comfortable with you.

Hope it helps, patience and he will come around.

Latest posts