• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie doesn't eat in the evenings

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ali (Alley) is 15-16 inches from tip to tail. I'm not sure if he's still a juvenile dragon or a sub-adult yet.

Here's what I noticed: He'll eat every morning, but not in the evenings. I feed him around 4-5 P.M., especially crickets. I even tried showing him some crickets in another container, but he didn't want them. Instead, he closed his eyes.

I had him on turnip greens for two weeks and then switched him to collard greens because he didn't eat them either.

When does he slow down in eating? Or is he being stubborn?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
all my guys slowed down at about a year and a half. at which time i still gave them greens every day, but crickets or worms every other day. as they get older they need more greens and less bugs. also as they get older they may go several days or a week without eating anything. the trick is to keep them hydrated, usually they'll drink from the tub if they need it and.........monitor their weight weekly. a healthy dragon may not eat for a while but wont show any significant weight loss. a sick dragon wont eat AND will usually show steady weight loss.

Latest posts