• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie consumed paper towel

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Hello everyone! I have a 5 month old beardie who eats crickets. We got him more today and all the crickets were sticking to a paper towel so we put the paper towel in with him, thinking it would be fine. But, unfortunately, he bit off the corner of the paper towel and consumed it. It was just a little, not too much, but will this harm him at all! Plz help! I'm worried!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone! I have a 5 month old beardie who eats crickets. We got him more today and all the crickets were sticking to a paper towel so we put the paper towel in with him, thinking it would be fine. But, unfortunately, he bit off the corner of the paper towel and consumed it. It was just a little, not too much, but will this harm him at all! Plz help! I'm worried!
Her will be fine they have eaten much worse

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
She will be okay!

I can't even feed crickets because I have a serious phobia of them. I put 4 in and my bearded dragon wouldn't eat them because he is so lazy and didn't feel like chasing them. I couldn't get them out or anything because I was NOT GOING TO TOUCH THOSE DAMN CREEPY JUMPIES LOL!

They stayed in over night with him which made me really sad bc i knew they would bite him but my sister had to come home the next day and kill them and get them out for me. I will NEVER purchase crickets again......

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
She will be okay!

I can't even feed crickets because I have a serious phobia of them. I put 4 in and my bearded dragon wouldn't eat them because he is so lazy and didn't feel like chasing them. I couldn't get them out or anything because I was NOT GOING TO TOUCH THOSE DAMN CREEPY JUMPIES LOL!

They stayed in over night with him which made me really sad bc i knew they would bite him but my sister had to come home the next day and kill them and get them out for me. I will NEVER purchase crickets again......
I am terrified of crickets also! Half the time I have my family help me. I really want Dubia roaches but they are not allowed where I live

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I am terrified of crickets also! Half the time I have my family help me. I really want Dubia roaches but they are not allowed where I live
Check if discoid roaches, red runners, or black soldier fly larvae are available where you live. They are great alternatives to dubias and crickets.

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Check if discoid roaches, red runners, or black soldier fly larvae are available where you live. They are great alternatives to dubias and crickets.
I do use BSFL but when I feed him to many they come out in his poop undigested. So I haven't been using those as a staple

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Sometimes you can find like "off-brand" dubia roaches at pet stores. They sell things called super roaches at the Petco by me, they are super small and i've never tried them but maybe @Sadie knows something similar to dubia roaches you could feed?

There are also certain worms you can feed as staples too :)

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Also i recently became a little spooked out by dubia roaches because my friend told me they look like stink bugs...

I. hate. bugs.

Latest posts