• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Beardie accidentally ate a superworm beetle

Logan41951345

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was feeding Blaze (my beardie) superworms and one of them got away from blaze and grew into a beetle. Today, I saw the beetle in her cage and squished it and heard a crunch (I’m not a superworm breeder). Then when I was going to get paper towels to pick up the beetle, it was still alive and then blaze ate it. Should I schedule a vet appointment, or wait for her to poop? I know that the shell is hard for them to digest.

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
I was feeding Blaze (my beardie) superworms and one of them got away from blaze and grew into a beetle. Today, I saw the beetle in her cage and squished it and heard a crunch (I’m not a superworm breeder). Then when I was going to get paper towels to pick up the beetle, it was still alive and then blaze ate it. Should I schedule a vet appointment, or wait for her to poop? I know that the shell is hard for them to digest.
How old is you beardie?
Mine eats them once in a while with no problems, but Rusty is adult, I'm not sure about a baby digesting, but it's a bug i think i would give him couple days before vet is needed

Logan41951345

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is you beardie?
Mine eats them once in a while with no problems, but Rusty is adult, I'm not sure about a baby digesting, but it's a bug i think i would give him couple days before vet is needed
She is about 2 1/2 years old

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
I wouldn't worry,
I'm sure they eat bigger bugs than that in the wild,
Just make sure you watch him and if he isn't pooping, take action,
Her sorry,
And those bugs are creepy lol, i honestly wish he would eat them so i don't have to deal with them

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I feed my girl the beetle form all the time, make shure ur temps are hot and she should digest it fine :)

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
She is about 2 1/2 years old
yeah, you're fine, my is about 3 years old(got in January 2019 when it was intended as a Christmas 2018 gift) and I once fed him a darkling beetle(the adult form of mealworms/superworms) after I chased it down throughout the bathroom and my room in the area of my plushies shelf. I did feed it to him and he ate, was I think maybe 2 or so months ago, no ill effects

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Only things that’s wrong with them is they are a little “spicy”! They spray some kind of foul smelling stuff from their shoulders. But otherwise fine.

Latest posts