• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so the UVB is good is it the 12% bulb your using? And distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - your basking light should be a clear solid bright white bulb that keeps temps 95-100 F -- its not on in the pic so I cant really tell what it is-- but you must have digital probe thermometers to get those surface basking temps- the tank looks nice - once we get this figured out we need to move on to why hes not eating -- the bobbing and black is usually a sign of mating - can he see his reflection at all in the tank somewhere ? how big is your tank ?

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so the UVB is good is it the 12% bulb your using? And distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - your basking light should be a clear solid bright white bulb that keeps temps 95-100 F -- its not on in the pic so I cant really tell what it is-- but you must have digital probe thermometers to get those surface basking temps- the tank looks nice - once we get this figured out we need to move on to why hes not eating -- the bobbing and black is usually a sign of mating - can he see his reflection at all in the tank somewhere ? how big is your tank ?
Yes 12 %the bulb is on

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes 12 %the bulb is on
Ok so I wasnt seeing any light w/ the bulb - what brand of bulb are you using? 7 ft tank is big--- what are you feeding for a staple insect? Sometimes they get tired of eating the same things - are you giving a variety of insects like crickets dubias silk worms BSFL ? all those are good staple insects -

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so I wasnt seeing any light w/ the bulb - what brand of bulb are you using? 7 ft tank is big--- what are you feeding for a staple insect? Sometimes they get tired of eating the same things - are you giving a variety of insects like crickets dubias silk worms BSFL ? all those are good staple insects -
Jumpers he hates crickets silkworms dubias morios every now and then pro rep bulb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jumpers he hates crickets silkworms dubias morios every now and then pro rep bulb
Good staples - never heard of the pro rep bulb-- is it a clear solid bright white- no off white no yellowish

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it’s a white one
Ok - keep track of his weight kitchen food scale weigh in grams- I would weigh him every 2 weeks - he's of good weight - I would get a parasite test done to rule out parasites - No enemas take a fecal in

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok - keep track of his weight kitchen food scale weigh in grams- I would weigh him every 2 weeks - he's of good weight - I would get a parasite test done to rule out parasites - No enemas take a fecal in
Thankyou

Latest posts