• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon is small for her age

Storm Romano

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got a bearded dragon who the past owner said was around 1 year old definitely older then 6 months but she’s very tiny and only 9inches I know she has been eating just crickets and pellet food which she did not like and they tried giving her greens and salads but she won’t eat it. Even I have tried. She seems really healthy and energetic though. Is there anyway I can try getting her to eat greens. She lives in a 20 gallon tank which I am getting her a 40gallon soon and she has a heating lamp and uvb lamp. Is it possible she could have a parasite. I do know that when she was younger something fell on her back and she has a indent but it doesn’t seem to bother her and the pass owner feed her 12 crickets once a week and he keep the crickets in the tank with her. I have had her for about 4-5 days and I have been feeding her as many crickets as she wants everyday. What should I do about her being small and not eating greens.

Storm Romano

Bearded Dragon Egg
upload_2020-4-27_23-52-47.jpeg
This is a picture of her I took today. Her name is nova

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Feed her more calcium, they need calcuim to grow, and considering how far behind she is I would use calcium more often. I had a similar problem, my lizard has grown, but she is a bit smaller than other beardies. And try feeding her a bit of basil, it was my trick for getting my beardie hooked on veggies. It has a stronger flavor than other veggies and she may like them, don't feed too much basil, it has to be in moderation.

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Agree with @Nero Calcium dust at every feeding, also look into a multivitamin dust. No way to know for sure on parasites unless you take to a vet with a fecal sample. As far as veggies, you can't really force them to eat them. All you can do is offer them and wait for them to show interest. I give my little guy collards and mustard greens daily. Took about 2 weeks before I caught him on the web cam eating a couple.

Storm Romano

Bearded Dragon Egg
Feed her more calcium, they need calcuim to grow, and considering how far behind she is I would use calcium more often. I had a similar problem, my lizard has grown, but she is a bit smaller than other beardies. And try feeding her a bit of basil, it was my trick for getting my beardie hooked on veggies. It has a stronger flavor than other veggies and she may like them, don't feed too much basil, it has to be in moderation.
Thank you and I will try the basil. With the calcium would I do it every other day switching with the multivitamins

Storm Romano

Bearded Dragon Egg
Agree with @Nero Calcium dust at every feeding, also look into a multivitamin dust. No way to know for sure on parasites unless you take to a vet with a fecal sample. As far as veggies, you can't really force them to eat them. All you can do is offer them and wait for them to show interest. I give my little guy collards and mustard greens daily. Took about 2 weeks before I caught him on the web cam eating a couple.
Thank you I got the multivitamins

Storm Romano

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you and I will try the basil. With the calcium would I do it every other day switching with the multivitamins
I love the name Nova, she is a cutie.

I'm new so will let the veterans answer, just wanted to say hi and good luck. :)
I love the name Nova, she is a cutie.

I'm new so will let the veterans answer, just wanted to say hi and good luck. :)
Haha thanks

Latest posts