• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon has a scab and I don't know what to do

Blessed Kaiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the past few months my bearded dragon has had a scab lip that didn't seem to go away. It was all skin, so I thought it would fall off quickly but it took a while. He showed no pain or reaction when it was touched and it didn't seem to go anywhere else like inside his mouth. It finally partially came off during his bath today and its all red and fleshy underneath. I pushed it back because I was afraidHe still showed no pain or reaction when it happened. I Is that raw skin or flesh? What could I do to help him heal it up quickly or prevent it from getting infected? Should I take him to the vet.

Pics, sorry there are no better ones he refused to cooperate and I was to scared to show under the scab

Attachments

• 20210202_191923.jpg
    20210202_191923.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210202_191915.jpg
    20210202_191915.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210202_191913.jpg
    20210202_191913.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 117

Blessed Kaiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would take him to the vet, that looks like a growth to me , i hope its not something serious.
It seemed like a growth, but it felt like scales, he showed no reaction to it, and when it came off there was also no reaction or pain. I have asked other bearded dragon owners and they have said it didn't seem like anything serious and to give him more and longer baths

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It seemed like a growth, but it felt like scales, he showed no reaction to it, and when it came off there was also no reaction or pain. I have asked other bearded dragon owners and they have said it didn't seem like anything serious and to give him more and longer baths
A growth would have the scales,as it might be something growing under his skin, i did notice there’s scales there, I also see that it looks round and spherical, he might need an x-ray to gather more information, try and bring in a recent poo if u can they’ll test him for parasites(ur already getting charged for the x-ray might as well check everything on him) im not trying to put you on the spot but if you love your beardie and if you have the opportunity and funds to get him checked out I would do that , its looks weird to me and i think seeking an expert opinion would be best option right now, dont pick at it anymore he can scratch and get any scabs off himself please make a follow up if you can.

Blessed Kaiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
A growth would have the scales,as it might be something growing under his skin, i did notice there’s scales there, I also see that it looks round and spherical, he might need an x-ray to gather more information, try and bring in a recent poo if u can they’ll test him for parasites(ur already getting charged for the x-ray might as well check everything on him) im not trying to put you on the spot but if you love your beardie and if you have the opportunity and funds to get him checked out I would do that , its looks weird to me and i think seeking an expert opinion would be best option right now, dont pick at it anymore he can scratch and get any scabs off himself please make a follow up if you can.
I'll see what I can do, I've asked other Bearded Dragon owners about it and they've said that everything else about him seems fine, but I'll get him checked

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I agree with skybug you should take him to the vet it could be an abscess and will need to be drained or surgically removed. Hope he gets better soon

BeardieMama86

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I agree with everyone who has mentioned to take the bearded dragon to a vet. Since none of us of veterinarians we wouldn’t want to try and diagnose what it might or could be. Or recommend any kind of treatment since we don’t know exactly what it is. Also I would recommend taking it to an Animal Hospital that treats exotics not just dogs, cats and small animals.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'll see what I can do, I've asked other Bearded Dragon owners about it and they've said that everything else about him seems fine, but I'll get him checked
I am no expert but I do have a lot of experience with lizards, It could be cancer or some thing else I don’t know it looks very very weird to me I wouldn’t risk it and anyone who’s telling you that he seems fine I would no longer take their advice.

Latest posts