• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon appears scared =\

sarahrj

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I bought my bearded dragon, blizzard, from a previous owner who didn't look after her properly. Not much handling, not much accessories in her vivarium, it was literally just a food dish and that was it. She eats well and sleeps well, I've added accessories in to make it a little more homely and keeps her occupied, but each time I put my hand inside the vivarium to allow her to come onto my hand and gain trust, she backs away.

Any idea's on how she can gain my trust? Or do I just need to keep trying until she does trust me?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
pick her up and hold her and hand feed her

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
welcome!!! l agree with Bill, You said she hasn't been handled very much, l would (as bill said) hand feed her by just putting a little greens mix on your finger and allowing her to eat it.
She will eventually come round. Good luck

Latest posts