• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My basic set up!

MrDrute

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just started...so yeah..I have the basking light on the left and the UVB to my right. Suggestions? lol My set up is pretty basic and it's fine! I just want to make sure my lighting is correct.!

177153_442538399114087_613607411_o.jpg

He is under the UVB light

471150_442538639114063_1595243404_o.jpg

YOUR VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED FOR INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Both the heat bulb & the UVB should cover the basking spot. Be sure that the Temp at the Basking Spot is in the 110F range. The UVB bulb that you are using is only a 13w 10.0 & will not provide enough UVB to penetrate the screen. If you choose to use the Repti-Glo 10.0 compact, you must use the 25W bulb. You may find that having the areas more open with less places for the feeders to hide will be more beneficial to your BD for the first while.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I agree, the idea is that your bearded dragon will spend the majority of his time on the basking spot therefore the UVB light needs to work in conjunction with that! also the bark under your basking spot is elevated quite a bit, has he had any problems getting up there to the basking spot at all? my BD would struggle to haul herself up that :L

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i dont like thoughs rocks, stacked to high and they look like they could fall over onto your BD if he were to rough on them. also its cluttered, might want to remove a little bit from in there so he has room to run.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
thier fine
i disagree as bearded dragons can be rough around their tanks, jumping and such could cause one of the top rocks to fall over onto the BD, this has happened with my bearded dragon this is why i am giving a warning about them.

we should try and keep our tanks as safe as we can so if we see any reasonable possablity of somthing bad happening we should try and fix this.

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
u dont need water bowel in ur tank, because bearded dragon will not use them unless u train them.just make sure u mist them 3 times a week.once a week i put my bearded dragon under my sink so they can drink until finished.but be careful as to not over hydrate then.;)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
u dont need water bowel in ur tank, because bearded dragon will not use them unless u train them.just make sure u mist them 3 times a day. once a week i put my bearded dragon under my sink so they can drink until finished.but be careful as to not over hydrate then.;)
Misting daily or every other day is lots. 3 times a day is a crock & very much overkill, will do nothing but stress the BD for no good reason.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i mean 3 times a week.... thats fine it wont stress them out
Misting 3x a week is still a lot for older beardies..at least from what i've heard.
Quick question on first post: Whats the purple writing? Was there a video there before?

Latest posts