• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My baby

SpecialGreg

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so I am new to dragons but have been around them for ever. Now I recently moved my baby who I'm not sure how old he is but he is about 7" long with a Lil nip tail to a 55 gallon tank from a 10 gallon. All he does now is hide under a log or in the hide on the hot side. Not sure if moving him to the big cage has scared him or what but he is way less active than he used to be and doesn't really go after the crickets I put in there (I'm going to switch to dubia) and then all the crickets end up hiding in everything so I have to take it all out and wait.. and even then he doesn't seem to have interest in them.. has been like this for about a week and in his new terrarium about 2 weeks. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SpecialGreg

Hatchling Dragon
Also am thinking about picking up another baby and wondered if I would be able to keep the new beardie in the same terrarium?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Cohabitation is NEVER a good idea. Are your temps good? Maybe try taping some printer paper on the outside of the tank all the way around so he'll feel more secure?

SpecialGreg

Hatchling Dragon
Ya my temps are good. 90 on hot side 78 cold side with a 100+ basking spot. I didn't think about the paper that's a good idea I have been looking every where for a background.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
If he's not eating too good make sure he's staying hydrated. Warm soaks, misting or offer water with a dropper maybe? I know as babies they dehydrate more easily and they get a lot of their moisture from their food.

SpecialGreg

Hatchling Dragon
Always looking good for pictures. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388289559091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388289559091.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 43

SpecialGreg

Hatchling Dragon
So I'm having trouble getting him to have interest in the bowl of dubias. He is shy. He won't eat if I'm standing there in front of the viv. He is more interested in me. I recently painted 3 sides of his viv black so he will feel more secure. He likes to sleep in his hide for hours on end in the middle of the day...I have some substrate that LLL recommended I get so I can't just drop the dubia in cause they will scatter and then burrow. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388367722154.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388367722154.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 36

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I've heard it's not uncommon for bd's to not eat while being watched. They'll wait till you leave to eat instead. Your substrate looks granular...thinking paper towels, tile, or that critter carpet stuff may be better? The dubias wouldnt burrow in anyway...you could let them stay in awhile and leave your baby alone to eat?

SpecialGreg

Hatchling Dragon
Ya but I'm not a fan of the carpet or anything like that cause there is no way to secure it down and what's to keep anything from going under that? He seemed to eat fine this morning and night i just dropped the dubias in 1 at a time. And he was shedding still but now after his bath he is rocking this lions mane. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388456366918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388456366918.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 31

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ya my temps are good. 90 on hot side 78 cold side with a 100+ basking spot. I didn't think about the paper that's a good idea I have been looking every where for a background.
For a young dragon the basking temp should be in the vicinity of 110F

Latest posts