• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Me and my hubby are thinking about moving from central NY to Kingman az.... How would I prepare to move my dragons that far?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are a couple of ways to do it -

The easiest is to send your dragon overnight via USPS or UPS. Not my favorite, but others have done it.

Another possibility is to drive. Not sure how long of a drive it is, but if most of your driving is done at night, that would help with UV. If the weather is warm, you don't have much to prepare. You can make stops for him to get some natural UV. If it is cold, you can get hand warmers and put it in his traveling viv under a towel.

They can go a couple of days without UV if needed. It's not recommended for daily life, but in your instance you would be fine.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We're planning on driving and i'm not big at shipping my babies Id feel better if they are with me. Thanks for the info renee

Latest posts