• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
We are driving across the country with a 2 yo and 4yo. It is a 10 day process until our stuff arrives at our new home. My in laws offered us to stay with them a few days but Ginger needs to stay in the basement. There is a small window but I can't see how it could work without a tank and we can't fit a tank in the car with us for the move? When we get to the new place I can set a designated area take her in the sun and have her heat lamps set up. But I don't see how its possible to stay there without any of that stuff. The basement is HUGE with so many places she could run hide and escape.... Any ideas?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We are driving across the country with a 2 yo and 4yo. It is a 10 day process until our stuff arrives at our new home. My in laws offered us to stay with them a few days but Ginger needs to stay in the basement. There is a small window but I can't see how it could work without a tank and we can't fit a tank in the car with us for the move? When we get to the new place I can set a designated area take her in the sun and have her heat lamps set up. But I don't see how its possible to stay there without any of that stuff. The basement is HUGE with so many places she could run hide and escape.... Any ideas?
You don't necessarily need tanks during the move. I would probably bring the dragon along in the car using a small pet carrier. Have a box with a dome fixture, adjustable stand, and basking light (just a regular heat lamp is fine for a short duration), along with some cleaning supplies. The temporary light can be set up in hotel rooms along the way as needed, an can also be set up at the new house. If an enclosure larger than the carrier is needed, then a puppy play pen that folds up and has a zippable top should work well in place of an enclosure for a while.

Latest posts