• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving!

chesterthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I am going to be moving back to school and taking my beardie with me. It’s a 10 hour drive and I have been doing some research on how to make the trip as best for him as I can but want any tips any of you have! Let me know if you can think of anything to make it as minimal stress as possible :)

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Might just put him in a cat carry case and sit him in the seat next to you.
Make sure he'll have food and water if he needs them.
Last time I moved I just sat Flash on the seat next to me but it was a LOT shorter a trip than yours.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I am going to be moving back to school and taking my beardie with me. It’s a 10 hour drive and I have been doing some research on how to make the trip as best for him as I can but want any tips any of you have! Let me know if you can think of anything to make it as minimal stress as possible :)

Having a carrier helps to keep them secure during the ride (though they can get restless at times). I put down some old towels that are comfortable but can also be swapped out easily in case they get pooped on. It's good to have a bag of cleaning supplies nearby. Spare towels, paper towels, vinegar spray bottle, disinfectant, etc.

Food shouldn't be a big issue. You can bring some along if you want to. Maybe a cooler that has some veges in it and maybe a container of black soldier fly larvae (they're easy to deal with on road trips).

You don't need to worry about lighting. You can stop at rest areas along the way to provide some basking time if the weather is nice (if not, don't worry about it). Either way, they do just fine at normal car temperatures. It's good to have some hand warmers or some reptile shipping warmers for emergency, but I've found that they aren't needed very often. I typically only use them during the winter if I stop for a meal and will be away from the car for an extended period of time

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He can even be put in something dark and he may sleep the whole way through, but I would take him out at least once.

Latest posts