• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Minion. Questions and Concerns.

MinionsMaster

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got Minion from a girl at work because she could no longer take care of the little guy (in a sense not so little) he is about 12 inches or so. I got him and everything for nothing. They used a sort of coconut fiber for his substrate. Water bowl was in the tank. Also did not have a source of UVB light. It concerns me because I don't know how long he has been without it (has a 18" 8.0 bulb now) I am concerned he is not healthy. For a week he did not poop. I gave him a warm 100 degree bath and rubbed his tummy, he pooped close to 5 minutes after returning to his tank (40 gallon fish?) 4x1x2 and again pooped 12 hours later when I had him on my bed :oops:I now have tile on the bottom. Should anything go under it? (carpet?) Basking spot is in the Hammock where it reads 103 F. The water bowl is only there to hold the driftwood up ;) until I can make one of those neat DIY rock simulations. If there is direction please letme know as I don't want to put anything harmful in his tank. Under the tank there is a warmer mat thing. It heats the very right tile. Is that okay? should I not use it? safe? Also if you were wondering the tile is being trimmed to fit perfect, just picked that tile today, and got my friend from work into the BD scene. Thanks for any help at all. I always have greens (dandelion) in his bowl and feed him 5-8 crickets twice a day, sometimes superworms, and dusted dragon bites every other day. Am I doing anything wrong? does he look healthy? I don't know the watts of the basking light sorry. Its what came with the guy. They did use a infrared light at night as I got rid of. I can't seem to upload a pic of him up close but I will as soon as possible.
IMAG0155.jpg
IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your enclosure looks fine, other than using the Hammock for the basking spot, making it difficult to give sufficient UVB coverage. Might I suggest a rock or branch type structure instead. This would allow you have your UVB in a better\closer position to cover the basking area, when mounted above the screen.

You mentioned that you UVB is a 8.0, may I ask what brand you are using?

Good looking BD ... ;)

Latest posts