• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Milestone for Rex

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I walked into my room today and couldn't see Rex anywhere in the viv. I thought he'd pulled a Houdini on me. I thought "no way he is in his hide, he's avoided that thing like the plague since day 1", sure enough he was in there. Shocked? So am I. Hehe. I have furbished a pic of him exiting as proof hehe.

SAM_0016.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw.....cute! I guess he finally got hot enough to go and cool down.

BTW...you know the majority vote on sand? I have used it after Bernie was 1 year old and changed to tile after a year of it.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea I know of the impaction risks, I feed him outside his viv to avoid that. I hate to admit this but I have a roll of reptile carpet I bought to put in his viv but I've been putting it off as cleaning out all that sand etc is a big undertaking, his viv is quite large. Yes I know, that's no excuse quit being lazy etc, haha. That will be a good weekend project.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is a big task. We used to dread when we had to change Bernie's sand out. I think the shop vac may still have some in it! lol...

That's great that you feed outside the viv. Sand also harbors bacteria. It's definitely doable, just need to maintain it. It requires a lot of work...

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I think I'll wait on the tile until Rex outgrows his viv. This viv came with a starter kit so it's not the fanciest/biggest. Lord knows he is growing like a weed though, so it might not be that far from now hehe.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They do grow up very fast. Like a blink of the eye and they are just hanging out basking giving you the stare down! :D

Latest posts