• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mice

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm not planning on feeding mice either. Live or frozen/thawed/dead.

Especially the ALIVE ones, being that the taste of blood could in fact turn the BD mean.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I use too but read that it can cause fatty liver disease so i no longer do it.

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm not planning on feeding mice either. Live or frozen/thawed/dead.

Especially the ALIVE ones, being that the taste of blood could in fact turn the BD mean.
Makes sense ~ the smell of fresh blood means either dinner or death! Most animals react strongly, one way or the other to blood!!

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not at all and never will. I don't see why anyone would want to risk the health of their beardie. Not saying that it will or will not, but it could happen.

Their bones can also cause impaction.

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I try testing pinkie to both of my beardie but they just refuse to eat, they just look at the pinkie and lick the pinkie and move away from the pinkie ...strange i wonder what's n their mind - maybe (I'm vegetarian lol)

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
to me i would think that at an adult age they could eat a pinky once and a while and it wouldn't turn your pinky mean a lizard is not like a dog if you turned a lizard loose more than likely it could survive in the wild on its own but a dog would just be dumb so i think they could but i would probably do it once a year

Latest posts