• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mice or furries

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
You read that right.....Mice or furries in the food thread. Ok this is a PS thing. I have witnessed a pet store that you can pay them $1 to feed them a furry. Is that safe? I am not knock the PS because i like the people there and they take care of their animals. So if that is what you get from this please dont. I just have read anywhere that BD eat mice or furries. And this is something that i have been woundering.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
ok guess i never called furries thinks for clearing that up for me

Pat B

Super Moderator
You read that right.....Mice or furries in the food thread. Ok this is a PS thing. I have witnessed a pet store that you can pay them $1 to feed them a furry. Is that safe? I am not knock the PS because i like the people there and they take care of their animals. So if that is what you get from this please dont. I just have read anywhere that BD eat mice or furries. And this is something that i have been woundering.
I think the 'mice' are called pinkies....disgusting. My beardies will never ever have a pinkie!! :rolleyes:

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
I know. im just trying to find out if its alright you know. Like we have said before. always trying to learn more and more....oooooo and I NEEW MORE CRIXS......spazz ate them all....or my gf did.....either way i need more
:D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Pat, Pinkies are baby mice that have just been born and don't have fuzz yet. Fuzzies, or maybe they're calling them furries at that pet store would be very slightly older than a pinkie and not much bigger. They also make the poop smell horrid! If you care about how your house smells at all, do not feed your BD anything with fur on it. It's relatively safe as long as it's not a regular happening. It sounds like they're doing it on a regular basis though, and that can cause liver problems and obesity for the dragon, getting too much fat in the diet. It's really only recommended for BD's who are severely underweight and you're trying to bring them back up to weight, or for a female who is about to or just laid.

Pat B

Super Moderator
No No!! Spike will never ever get a pinkie. I apologize if you misunderstood what I wrote. I think they are disgusting and would never want to handle one or see my dragon eat one. When I was a little girl my father raised mice for his 3 snakes....he would kill them and then put them in the freezer, thaw them when needed and feed them to the snakes....couldn't stand that so I never watched....lol :rolleyes:

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
No No!! Spike will never ever get a pinkie. I apologize if you misunderstood what I wrote. I think they are disgusting and would never want to handle one or see my dragon eat one. When I was a little girl my father raised mice for his 3 snakes....he would kill them and then put them in the freezer, thaw them when needed and feed them to the snakes....couldn't stand that so I never watched....lol :rolleyes:
I didn't misunderstand you, I was just trying to explain to you what a pinkie was. It's not just a mouse, it's a newborn mouse or they have pinkie rats too :(.

Edit: Okay, okay, a newborn mouse is still a mouse but... but...

Pat B

Super Moderator
Yes Aleena....a mouse no matter what size or what color is sitll a mouse and I am NOT feeding them to my beardie. Yuck....then I would have to touch them. Now that creeps me out worse than roaches!!

Latest posts