• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Messy Eater

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Man I've noticed that if it's something he doesn't like, like mustard greens, Jethro will scatter it about the tank. Anyone else's dragons do this? Sometimes he'll do that with the romaine lettuce too. He's eating rather well, going to the bathroom. Sometimes he goes twice a day, thought they just went once a day? Oh well. No biggy as long as he's not having any health issues.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes we have some that do that try collard greens instead of lettuce much better for him

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I couldn't find any at the store, I looked. He prefers romaine, he ate some mustard greens today.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Romain is like feeding straw to a cow it doese nothing for them

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Okay well he was eating it, but we're trying to get something else to see if he'll eat that too. I think it's Kale.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Kale is good mustard, turnip, collard, kale all good for them

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea my mom is at the store and she didn't want to get collard greens... said they were too expensive and she didn't want him to waste it. I can kinda understand where she's coming from. But hopefully he'll like the kale too like the romaine.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
When l first offered Yoda greens l mixed dandelions (flowers and greens) endive, a little bok choy and l put just a little pureed apple (babyfood) just to sweeten the deal a little. After a couple of days, l swapped and offered pansy flowers, carrot, pear, endive and beetroot greens. Now the little piggy will eat anything.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well he's eating just fine now, I'm gonna be getting some more veggies soon to try out for him. He has a pretty good appetite :)

Latest posts