• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mealworms?

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
When my daughter bought the BD, they sold her a container of live meal worms. She was told that the BD was still young and can survive on just meal worms for a couple of more months.

They did sell her a container of Bearded Dragon Calcium Plus powder, supposed to be sprinkled on the worms.

I was looking at the "Bearded Dragon Diet Nutritional Information" thread, and meal worms was pretty low on the list.

Any advice, opinions and concerns will be greatly appreciated.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stick to Crickets for a young BD, I have my Hatchlings on roaches, but if you don't have your own colony, they may be a little harder to come by. The occasional feeding of mealworms as a change up would be fine, but not as it's staple diet.

Advice from Pet Stores is for the most part, a very poor source of info. The age that you were told that your BD is, will attest to that. The majority are not species specific knowledgeable, there may be the odd one that knows their stuff, but those are few & far between. There are 'Umpteen' threads on the poor advice received from Pet Stores, all too often fatal, when not caught & rectified in time :( .

All live feeders should be dusted with 100% phosphorous free Calcium. Once or twice a week or so with a Multivitamin like Reptivite or Herptivite.

If you check the Care Sheet previously provided, you will find a decent feeding & supplementation schedule.

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
Yes Chris....Germis so right. If I need to know something or have a quesiton I come right here to this forum. You won't go wrong. I have to go to PetSmart to get my crix and the little beardie cage is ALWAYS dirty. I even fired off a not so nice email to their corporate HQ in Canada....lot of good that did. The little viv where the beardies live is still dirty and the wrong kind of food. Amazes me....good luck with your little beardie and come back often....:D

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks a lot, I figured I'd make sure. Being a tropical fish hobbyist myself, I already had an idea about the knowledge of these chain store employees.

I will go and get her some crixs.

Latest posts