• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MBD or Neurological?

MegaMuffin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi. I have 2 juvenile bearded dragons, about 6 months old. One was, and still is doing great (Smeck) and the other had to be separated due to bullying (Smaug) and his health declined. Lethargic, not eating or drinking and not growing. I took him to the vet and wasn’t really given an definitive answer, but was given Metacam, Baytril and a dewormer. He came around and doing great, getting stronger, growing, eating etc. Then about a week and a half ago I noticed him kind of dragging his back legs, flailing when trying to walk, sitting with feet curled under. He chases crickets, and uses his legs but something is definitely not right. Still eating great, looking healthy otherwise. I’m concerned it’s MBD, although I feel like I’m doing everything right. He has the tube UV light about 8 inches from the basking area, basking temp of 105, crickets sometimes mostly Dubia roaches always dusted with calcium. Electrolyte baths, tank cleaned throughly every other day. Whatever it is doesn’t seem severe, but I’m worried it will get worse. He has a vet appointment on Tuesday, but I’m worried. Is there anything that could cause neurological symptoms? Thank you.

Attachments

• 5584A01B-905C-4B24-A2EE-23F3D0B63B67.jpeg
    5584A01B-905C-4B24-A2EE-23F3D0B63B67.jpeg
    706.6 KB · Views: 15

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You may have to wait until Tuesday to see if there is something wrong with him. From looking at his pictures he looks physically healthy and you’re doing everything correctly. The only other thing I can think of is impaction. Has he gone to the bathroom recently and if not I’d suggest giving him a long soak at least half an hour to 45 minutes and see if that helps.

Latest posts