• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Maybe a weird Dragon question....

Maureen Ahearn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok guys, I got my new baby today. They say to let him acclimate to his environment but he is eating really well and does NOT want to leave my hand. For instance. When I walk by, he goes to the cage and where I am and tries to climb. Once he is on my hand (for 5 mins) I try to softly pick him up, (time to go back to your cage now.....) he completely lays down on my hand so I cant get a gentle grip on him. Then he digs his head into the crease of my thumb, as if to say "NO! I don't wanna go to bed!"
Is this rare or am I losing it??

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No mine do that all the time. Thats what i like about beardies there somewhat like dogs get excited when you come around, and or will just curl up with ya and snooze.

shaz179

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh i heard a few people say that there get grumpy when there shedding. some people say that they can even go into hiding for a week or so while they shed

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I suppose its possible but so far none of mine have. Perhaps its cuz they get handled so much i dont know

Maureen Ahearn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The funny thing is that I JUST got him yesterday and he is SOOOO much the cuddler. I am calling him a HE for now... have no idea the sex. I named him Diego. I hope I dont have to change the name to something feminine. LOL

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LOL we have a pair we got as babies named them spike and ike well spike is a girl but so be it, we are sticking with it lol.

Latest posts