• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Markings around the mouth

KizamiZuki

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi. Marzi is about a year old and we’ve noticed some reddish-brown markings around her mouth. Any ideas what they could be? I’m concerned it’s some sort of illness. He's behaving perfectly normally though.

I'll add some pictures - excuse the bad photography.

DSC_1106.jpg DSC_1104.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know what it could be. I would have a vet look at it though. My first thought was mouth rot but I believe that would be more crusty. This looks like some sort of growth or something.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Do you use a heat rock or can he touch the CHE or something he may of got burnt on? Did it happen at once or something that slowly spread?

KizamiZuki

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wasn't all at once, started with a little bit and spread.

Wondered if it's bruising? He sometimes gets aggressive with his reflection, bashing his face against the glass. Do dragons bruise easily??

KizamiZuki

Bearded Dragon Egg
Marzi has shed a little and the marks are no longer there! I'm going with the bruising theory. He's stopped attacking 'the other' beardie too... :)

Latest posts