• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Making progress!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Bought my 20 long, stand, heat/UVB lights, fixtures, feeding dish, cover, and temp readers this weekend. Oh, paper towels laid down too. Did a "dry run" test tonight. Basking temp just under 102 degrees (gonna tweak distance of the sensor at the highest point of the fake driftwood tomorrow after my wife assembles the stand for me while i am at work). Cool side right at 85 degrees about 1 inch above the ground. Getting a timer for the lights tomorrow - recommendations?

I guess the only thing left to do is pick up the little critter, going to be Tuesday. :D Toss up between a local pet shop and San Antonio breeder. Gonna check the breeder out Tuesday since I've already looked over the pet shop dragons. Woo hoo!

I'll post a pic tomorrow possibly; your feedback and advice on anything missing will be welcomed!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
On a side note my cat has decided she's the bearded dragon. She planted herself firmly on the hot side and proceeded to bask and give herself a bath next to the heat lamp. :D When I walked into my man cave and saw her she looked up at me as if to say, "So why don't you open that cage up and let me hang out in my new home?" Bah haha!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Be very careful of your cat & the new BD, be sure that the screen securely fastened\locked down. Seen too many 'Accidents', many fatal, with cats that 'Get along wonderfully' with the BD, then OOOOPS!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Definitely. I don't think I will ever trust my cats around the BD, supervision or not. They have a hunting instinct we will never understand. I have some clips I'm going to use that work well with my frog's cage.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
image.jpg

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Augie...really appreciate the update pics and am glad that your dragon appears to be doing well,Indeed:) Was wondering if it would be possible for you to adjust the orientation on your photos before you upload them though because all of them are posting upside down. This is may be a setting on your camera or if not can easily be corrected with most mobile and computer photo-editing apps or programs.
Thanks and looking for to more pics and updates to come!:)
Enjoy!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Haha really? They all show right side up to me. I will remember that for future reference and flip my iPad the other way.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Good looking set up and congrats! If i could offer a tip. Place the uvb as close as you can to the basking bulb ;)

Dont know how big your cat is but they can weaken the screen from laying on it. It eventually falls in = a potentially bad ending. This happened to me but luckily i have a great cat.
Pics are upside down for me also/

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks for the advice. I can put it about 1 inch closer, but I am afraid the heat bulb will burn the fixture. Thoughts?

Latest posts