• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

low, droopy, closed eyes?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I got my beardie around 4 days ago. Since then iv had 2 exoterra 200uvb spiral bulbs. A Reptisun compact, and a exoterra solar glo MVB. I kept getting wrong information from the professionals at petsmart and buying new bulbs. Right now I have a reptisun 10 inside the tank and a 100w basking. So iv done quite a bit of rearragining and switching lights, and iv only had him for 4 days. He eats some greens dusted with calcium D3. He'll eat crickets, but not very many. Iv given warm baths and tried to get him to drink. I think one eye is bothering him because it's closed often and it looks slightly liquidy. Could it of been the spiral bulbs or basked too close and got too much uv? Or is he just stressed from all the frequent changes ? The spot in the pictures is around 103+ measured with a temp gun. The rest of the tank can be 75. Also his tail looks a little discolored/grey at the end.

Attachments

• IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0473.jpg
    IMAG0473.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0475.jpg
    IMAG0475.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0476.jpg
    IMAG0476.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0477.jpg
    IMAG0477.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0478.jpg
    IMAG0478.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lighting is not my forte. Don't listen to the guys at PetSmart about anything. You probably already figured that out. We have lots of knowledgeable people on here that know a lot about lighting. Sure someone will time in shortly

Dragon Jones

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you have not seen it, I would read over some general information on dragons. http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon-setup.php is a good site. It sounds like you already fixed lighting issues, temps seem OK, the eye question is not easy to answer without some better pictures, and may require a vet to answer correctly either way. Bearded dragons don't always shed uniformly, so the tail discoloration may related to that.

Latest posts