• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lots of health questions about new beardie

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I guess the most important thing to consider and watch is what is your dragon doing are they closing their eye's while under the light? are they hiding from the light? If the light is too strong it can burn them and burn their eyes :(
I highly suggest when looking at bulbs go to a reptile store and buy bulbs made for reptiles. Basking bulbs by Zoo Med, UVB bulbs by Exo Terra, and Zoo Med Reptisun UVB are all good ways to go. Figuring out the correct wattage depending on your size of enclosure, getting the correct placement of distance away from your pet is trial and error. Having a digital, or temp gauge are more accurate to pinpoint the temps are key to have.

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I just wanted to give a little update on Sosa! I actually saw him hunt and eat crickets :) first I put him in a little container with them and he ate three, and now he's going crazy and eating them in his own enclosure! He doesn't quite like bath time yet. He drinks the water and sits for a second but then runs towards the edge or my hand immediately. Lastly, I will be picking up his 40 gallon tank on Saturday and all his new lights and hammock should arrive by the end of this week too! My cat isn't sure about him yet....
7c63c90aa5fe05c7346f5a97b3f26ce6.jpg
1802fe3d9b972ab9939680a0467dc0c6.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's the sweetest picture with your cat, it's like they are kissing each other! Post some pictures on Saturday of your new set up.

Latest posts