• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looks like scale rot

Applefreak209

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone I have noticed that my bearded dragon has some scales falling off and I thought it was just shed but there seems to be blood now. Any insight and advise would be helpful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16

taquarius

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello, im not an expert nor a vet, however since injuries like this can cause rot issues i would try doing a betadine *you can order on amazon* and water mix, and clean it 2-3x a day with a q-tip and mix it to where it looks like a light tea, you also want to make sure he isnt biting his hand, however they only do that when their in pain, but it definitely can make the injury worse.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone I have noticed that my bearded dragon has some scales falling off and I thought it was just shed but there seems to be blood now. Any insight and advise would be helpful
Going to get some help on this -- please go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and the surface basking temps those need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - I would start w/ some raw unpasteurized honey for now till I hear back from the person I reached out too --- no crickets in the tank they will go for the honey -- if its bleeding the honey will stop any infection going on or starting and promote healing --- we need to find the cause tho --- are you using any hammocks in the tank ? to me it looks like its been snagged but I could be wrong -- your UVB is going to play a big role in getting this healed up that is why I asked
I heard back this is what she has asked and said
I agree with the other poster that the toe looks bitten by something, maybe the dragon itself but that's just a guess. Is it around another dragon ? The betadine mix would be good but if this dragon is biting it's foot [ if they see it happen or it suddenly looks obviously bitten ] then it might be best to wrap it in gauze . If it gets bad, seeing a vet would be a good idea.

Latest posts