• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking to purchase unwanted dragon. Healthy?

ortred

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,

I have been looking after a lot of research to purchase my first dragon. I found one on craigslist, complete with enclosure, lights, etc. that the owner no longer wants. The dragon was purchased as a baby last November, so I'm assuming it's approximately 8 months of age. The dragon appears healthy, but I am wondering if it is not to the size it should be for its age. Please look at the attached pictures and let me know if I'd be getting in over my head with this particular dragon. I do like the idea of "rescuing" an unwanted healthy dragon, but don't feel confident enough to take on a sickly one. Thank you for your expertise.
IMG_3149.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG

Kathryn Kinney

Juvenile Dragon
A couple things I notice is he is small for 8 months his growth was probably stunted a little. His eyes look a little tired as well. Otherwise he seems okay. I would recommend a new tube uvb light and make sure you dust his feeders with calcium and vitamins. I think he should come along just fine with the proper care.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree he does look tired, and pretty small for what they are saying he is. But overall he looks pretty normal.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He does look small for his age. The other thing that is weird ( I don't know if it's bad) the side view of his head, he has like an old dragon head on this little body. It's possible that he could have just been puffing his beard at the time the photo was taken. It's actually kinda cute :)

Latest posts