• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for my first Bearded

Cbrink8168

Bearded Dragon Egg
My children are asking me for a Bearded Dragon and after many hours researching and talking to experienced owners I am ready to make the leap forward to buy my first dragon, Im looking for one or two bearded's nothing crazy to start out with, I live on Long Island, NY and can pick up if needed, please let me know anything you guys think I should know about caring for and owning a bearded, so far my tank has the carpet a water dish and feeding dish, and a hiding spot, as my daughter keeps up her end of the bargain (cleaning room and doing chores) i will continue to expand

mama

Hatchling Dragon
Congrats!! What size enclosure do you have? Make sure that you get a UVB light, basking light, temperature gauges, a house for your feeders. Have you checked the For Sale section? You can also keep an eye out on Craigslist.

P.S. This is an awesome site.

Cbrink8168

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have a 10 gallon to start for the dragon as a baby and a 30 gallon to put it in when it grows a little larger and then i'll purchase something bigger and more permanent

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
2.jpg

A 10 gal enclosure is not large enough to provide the proper Heat gradient required. I would go with the 30 right off the hop, just don't clutter it with unnecessary frills, keep it with just the basic necessities for the first few months.

You mentioned that you may go for a couple of BDs to start out. BDs are loners, separate enclosures right from the start is necessary to avoid injury.

Some links that may be worth a read for you ...
Bearded Dragon Basic Care Guide
Greens Nutrition List For Bearded Dragons
Is Bearded Dragon Cohabitation A Good Plan?

Good Luck in your choices & future endeavors.

Latest posts