• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for an adult female

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Am interested in getting a mate for my 14 month old male. Not to breed but just to have as a companion (don't want to do the whole egg thing).

Would like to get a Dark Eyed Translucent at least a yr. or 2 old. Must be handled well - laid back, non aggressive. Anybody have one?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Am interested in getting a mate for my 14 month old male. Not to breed but just to have as a companion (don't want to do the whole egg thing).

Would like to get a Dark Eyed Translucent at least a yr. or 2 old. Must be handled well - laid back, non aggressive. Anybody have one?

Are you going to have her fixed that’s the only way you won’t have eggs and even if you did he would still breed her and bully her Males and females should not be together.

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes, I'd fix her if I really had to (hopefully I can get one already done). Don't mind her laying slugs, just don't want the hassle of caring for and hatching eggs. Slugs I can get ride of and move on.

I didn't know males and females would not get along in the same viv. The reptile show I went to had breeders that told me their couples live together just fine - just can't do more then 1 couple per viv. I was planning to move them into a 75 gal tank. The breeders did say not to have 2 males in the same room (if they can see one another, its a prob), which is fine cuz I don't want more than 2 drangons and I don't want 2 males.

I want an older established female (maybe a retired breeder) in hopes that she would "teach" my male to be a better eater and maybe even teach him he's a dragon, not a person - lol. She will be handled alot so a good sweet personality is KEY!

Love the dark eyes and saw a translucent girl at the show for $150 (4 yrs old) but we weren't ready, now we are. My male is older now, plus I'm working more thus can't spend as much time w/him, so thought a companion would be good.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It is never recommended to house two dragons of any sex together, they are solitary animals.

Even though it may not be evident to us, there will always be some form of dominance. This could present it's self as stacking, one being held back from eating or even fighting. Housing dragons together (no matter what sized tank) always ends bad for one or both animals.

also, the act of mating is VERY hard on a female as well as the act of laying the eggs. Please reconsider housing two together it just isn't worth it in the end.

Latest posts