• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking at new enclosures

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
I'm considering a Zen Habitat enclosure, not sure what size to get. Everyone seems to have the 48"x24"x24", but wouldn't it be easier to heat a 48"x24"x16" enclosure? I don't think the reduced height has many disadvantages does it? Just trying to figure out exactly what I need.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The reduced height would be a little easier to heat, they certainly dont need a high enclosure, i have the the 24 height, but my dragon certainly didn’t need it

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
That's good to know. I was just looking at the two and thought it might be easier to regulate with the shorter one. I think it's a hair cheaper too.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm considering a Zen Habitat enclosure, not sure what size to get. Everyone seems to have the 48"x24"x24", but wouldn't it be easier to heat a 48"x24"x16" enclosure? I don't think the reduced height has many disadvantages does it? Just trying to figure out exactly what I need.
You dont want a 16 inch high tank -- its going to be hard to regulate temps and the UVB -- you want at least a 18 inch high tank - I use the 24 inch high Zens --- please do not get a 16 inch high tank

Dr. D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The lower hight makes it more difficult to get the proper distance for UVB and basking regulation has been my experience

Latest posts