• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

local pet store

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I went down to the local pet store to pick up some crix.

This guy has 3 real good looking big beardies (not sure of age) that look like they doing really well, even tho they all 3 in one viv ???

anyway I noticed this lil tank with about 5 beardies in they almost 3 months old but only have a coil uv light that was turned on, he has a basking lamp in there (infa red one) but it wasnt turned on. You can see one beardie is the more dominant one as it is way bigger then the rest, I know all the petshops iv been to keep their babys in the same viv but atleast the others had decent lighting !

Thats just my lil rant for the day !! had to get that out befor the weekend !!

on the up side my lil guy is doing great and will try get some pics up next week ! I promise :D

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Pet stores are horrible when it comes to dealing with the more exotic animals (most at least) If I ever saw one that was bad, I think I would just have to tell them, even if I get kicked out of the store.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is a sad truth that most pet stores do not have the trained staff to properly care for bearded dragons. I think the majority of us have been given poor advice. That's why we are here and how this site came about. My hubby and I were so overwhelmed when we got Bernie. This site was out notepad to jot down what we believed to be good advice for dragons.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I honestly thought this guy know his stuff tho ! him and his wife run the store and like I said his 3 beardies are beauts !! I also notices tho in his tank he has a coil uvb and an infa red heat lamp for his beardies ?!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, keep in mind that there are exceptions to every rule. And there are multiple ways to care for a dragon. It's a matter of personal choice. For example, against popular demand, I used to use sand. And I used Calci-sand at that. I read the arguments, understood them, and decided to use it when Bernie was 1 year old. After 2 years of it, I switched to tiles. I got tired of cleaning. The walls were dirty, etc. So, I switched to tile. Best move I made.

Bernie never had a bacterial infections, Bernie was never impacted. Now, I'm not saying that I am a supporter of sand. I've learned and use the side of caution. And I don't want to open a can of worms with this post.

It has been known that coil bulbs can cause eye issues in dragons. So, personally, I would not use them and I would recommend others to not use them. Why risk it?

Latest posts