• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

live plants

guitarsage1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my beardie is fine , not impacted, but was wondering if live plants can be put in with my beardie?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Live plants aren't a great idea for inside the tank. It can bring up the humidity too much.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can add live plants. Off the top of my head, jade and ponytail ferns come to mind. One thing to keep in mind is do not put the plant directly into your viv when you buy it. It is recommended to water it and let it sit for a week or so. This will wash out the fertilizer in the soil used to plant it.

I tried jade once. I will admit that I didn't have much luck. The high temps in the viv dried up the plant. It wasn't worth it to me. One thing you can try is to clip a piece of the plant to the viv.

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I used to keep a basil plant in my viv for a short while, they would dry up and get crushed by my girls. they would munch on it occassionally. I'm thinking about trying hen and chicks, I read somewhere that works well

Latest posts