• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lights Help!!!!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have tried hot gluing them under the tank and they fall off and i've tried a s ring and it lets too much air in and the fit is not good[open space] any other suggestions would be great as i am at my wits end trying to get uvb bulbs to give beardie's the most benifit of the uvb bulb. On top of the screen is the only way i can get it right now. Soo if any one has any suggestions it would be most appreciated-thanks river-7

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
May be the quality of hot glue you are using, were not quick enough to set it in place while it was still hot enough to bond to the glass or may not be using enough. I get my general purpose hot glue at Canadian Tire. I tried to move\remove one of my fixtures & the fixture itself broke before the hot glue ever let go, had to cut it out with a razor knife. Got 2 fixtures that have been mounted for over six years without budging & are still rock solidly mounted.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Are you using the long tubed UVB bulb? I hot-glued mine right underneath the screen and works great. Maybe you have funky glue....:D

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey; Pat And Germ; Thanks soo much-maybe i will try on the screen instead of on the glass. The minute it heated up it let go.Lucky my baby was at the other end. But i am going to try gluing it right to the inside of the screen and maybe it will hold better.Can't hurt.Thanks to you both will let you know how it goes. Bella-aka-river-7

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking that the screen would get hot from the heat lamp & cause the hot glue to release if you go that route. I would think that screwing it through the screen may be a better alternative if that is how you want to mount it.

Latest posts