• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

Murphdog

Bearded Dragon Egg
So continuing slowly to build an enclosure with my son. Currently we have the wood enclosure built deciding on lights. I open to suggestions. Enclosure is 4x2x2. I was thinking of using Arcadia prot5 12% 36 inch was also going to add two of their ceramic pro bracket holder. Was thinking one on right side and one in middle not sure on bulbs. 36 inch would be on right side in front. Then maybe adding leds in back. Am I way off to much have no clue right now I’ve read too much. LOL brands and setups recommended

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So continuing slowly to build an enclosure with my son. Currently we have the wood enclosure built deciding on lights. I open to suggestions. Enclosure is 4x2x2. I was thinking of using Arcadia prot5 12% 36 inch was also going to add two of their ceramic pro bracket holder. Was thinking one on right side and one in middle not sure on bulbs. 36 inch would be on right side in front. Then maybe adding leds in back. Am I way off to much have no clue right now I’ve read too much. LOL brands and setups recommended
The Arcadia proT 5 is good- but have your basking like separate not attached- you want to be able to move the light if you need to-- I would get a 24" fixture that's half the tank- not sure about LED lights - dragons have a 3rd eye and you don't want those lights effecting his eyes- were these going to be on during the day?. No lights on at night dragons like cool and dark to sleep make sure your getting the desert bulb for the UVB too- your proT 5 will need to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sadies pretty good with lighting id listen to her advice, i wouldnt have other lighting other than the uvb and heat lamp, , you want dark areas in the tank the beardie can go hide in if he wants to take a nap, were the leds for plants or just to light up the tank?

Latest posts