• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great article, I will have to read it a few times to get the info soaked in lol there are soo many different types of bulbs and requirements it is really confusing. Hard to know what to get, how far to place it,,,,,,,,,I'm sure there are many that rely on the "pet" and often when they show signs it's hard to "fix" Heck I'm just thrilled that Izzy eats a wide variety of bugs and she's eating a good variety of greens :) At least I know what's going in her is good...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I know, it all confuses me. I just bought a solar meter to measure my UVB output and now I'm even more confused :confused:

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It really is confusing! I stand in front of the bulbs scratching my head thinking I have no clue which one to get...I've made sure she's got her basking area, aside that is her UVB area and the rest of the 55 has the tube bulb UVB and the far right is her cool side...weighed her last night and she is up to 103 grams so I must be doing something right :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thats great Patsy! What is still troubling you about it? Anything I can help with?
Just wasn't sure what a good reading on the meter was. Someone said 50 or over (but they weren't too sure on that). I changed out the bulb and got a 149 about 8 inches down where the hammocks are.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep, thats good. Thats usually around about an index of 4, so pretty much where you want to be.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yep, thats good. Thats usually around about an index of 4, so pretty much where you want to be.

It's amazing how much of a difference it is when you go under the hammock. It's only like 26.

Latest posts