• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

lighting question

ObiThaGod

Hatchling Dragon
So like I've said before I bought my beardie from a guy on craigslist. The setup came with one lamp (one of the basking light/uvb combo bulbs) I've noticed since I got it that in the mornings when I turn on the lights this bulb will turn out then come bak on a few times before finally staying on...kinda like its gotta warm up or something if I swap the bulb into a different dome it does the same thing in the new dome but no other bulbs (all uvbs) have this problem in any of my domes....is this an issue warning me the bulb is about to go out or is this normal?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's interesting I've not experienced this so I can't be of any help.. But by the way it sounds if it were me I would replace it.

ObiThaGod

Hatchling Dragon
Yea it hasn't been much concern because it usually comes right on n is good to go but days like today its turned on n off like 3 times n now is on

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
There is a bulb that goes off on it's own when it gets too hot. What kind of bulb is it that you are using?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's a safety feature of the bulb to turn itself off when it gets too hot.

ObiThaGod

Hatchling Dragon
But it only does it when the lights first come on.....after they've been off all night

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Have you tried a different power sun bulb in your fixture? I wonder if since it's self balasted if the balast is bad.

Latest posts