• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting for a 4x2x2 enclosure

Hidden_Hand

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 4x2x2 enclosure on the way now that my dragon is getting a bit older and I am curious if this light and fixture will be enough UVB.

There is a 24w and a 39w option and I want to make sure I get whatever is better. I assume the higher wattage one is preferable?

REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (39W)​

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 4x2x2 enclosure on the way now that my dragon is getting a bit older and I am curious if this light and fixture will be enough UVB.

There is a 24w and a 39w option and I want to make sure I get whatever is better. I assume the higher wattage one is preferable?

REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (39W)​

The fixture will be fine -- the bulb not so much -- tbh I would recommend a Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb 24" is fine -- the UVB will need to go into the tank and and the distance would need to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece- you can also use a Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 this will come w/a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up -- both are good fixtures and bulbs--
22"https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332
These bulbs need to be changed out in one year I recommend one month prior to install

Hidden_Hand

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you certain a 24inch bulb (2ft) will work for a 48inch (4ft) enclosure?

Right now I use a 40 gallon breeder tank and it was suggested to get a 24in bulb for it. The tank that's on the way is 120 gallon. It's would seem that a larger bulb would be necessary.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you certain a 24inch bulb (2ft) will work for a 48inch (4ft) enclosure?

Right now I use a 40 gallon breeder tank and it was suggested to get a 24in bulb for it. The tank that's on the way is 120 gallon. It's would seem that a larger bulb would be necessary.
I have 2 120 gallon zen habitats that I use and have the zoo med 24" fixtures ++ they work fine- basically it's coverage people are talking not so much strength of the bulb-- but mine work fine I don't want my dragons hiding from the uvb I want them out

Hidden_Hand

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 2 120 gallon zen habitats that I use and have the zoo med 24" fixtures ++ they work fine- basically it's coverage people are talking not so much strength of the bulb-- but mine work fine I don't want my dragons hiding from the uvb I want them out
Awesome thank you. What type of bulb do you use for
Awesome, thank you. If you don't mind what basking bulb do you use? Thanks again. :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome thank you. What type of bulb do you use for

Awesome, thank you. If you don't mind what basking bulb do you use? Thanks again. :)
I use the Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or you can use the repti basking bulb-- some people get away w/ using regular house hold bulbs from Walmart I tried did not get my tank hot enough--- I think those are for warmer climates like Florida etc but where I live it's too cold-

Latest posts