• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting for 20 g

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
Lighting for 20 gal enclosure...
I will be getting a 3-4 month at the reptile show this weekend from a trusted breeder I've dealt with before.
I have a 20gal tank for the start. I can't find long UVB lights for the tank.
Here's what I've found.
Any recommendations until she's moved to a larger tank.
Thanks

Attachments

• lights1.jpg
    lights1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 3
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 7
  • lights3.jpg
    lights3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lighting for 20 gal enclosure...
I will be getting a 3-4 month at the reptile show this weekend from a trusted breeder I've dealt with before.
I have a 20gal tank for the start. I can't find long UVB lights for the tank.
Here's what I've found.
Any recommendations until she's moved to a larger tank.
Thanks
Get the Zoo Med fixture 24" and use the 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the fixture -- it will need to be unobstructed w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor --- when you move her / him into the bigger tank replace the 5.0 w/ the 10.0 bulb - it will need to go into that tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756
this is a pic of my 20 gallon when I had it set up - for reference

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_084445.jpg
    IMG_20190914_084445.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts