• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting distance (opinions on pictures)

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi everyone

All of your threads have come in so handy when I was creating Puff’s home - I’ve had him for nearly one month now so I assume he’s coming up to 4/5 months old.

I am just wanting some feedback on these pictures of his set up please.

It’s a 50w basking bulb, and an Arcadia t5 14% uvb rube.

He doesn’t bask with his mouth open much at all anymore... but saying that the temperatures on that log range from 96°f to 120° on a really hot day (these temps span the log so there’s always in between ie 110-15).

Also, he seems to lie flat a lot of the time (especially as I speak now at 7pm... is this in response to him simply being tired maybe?). Is it a problem if he doesn’t bask in the typical head up position?

He is on a diet of mainly 3rd locusts and calci worms, as we both can’t stand crickets.

Supplemented with calcium or nutrirep alternating.
Fresh greens and water every day
Thanks a lot

James

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
looks good to me, temps seem good too. They spend most of their time just laying around soaking up UV so nothing unusual there. Keep up the good work

Latest posts