• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

light?

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i am kinda new to beardies but i love them! but i still got lots of questions is 80'f and 30'c good for like a 4 month old?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

The 80F seems a wee bit too cold and the 30C/86F is also too cold if this is your basking/hot side....

Beardies need a cool side and a hot side. Babies and Juveniles need slightly warmer basking temps than adults. But the temps should be in these ranges...

For yours as it is a juvenile, the cool side should be between 70F to 85F and the basking area between 105F and 110F.

You should use a digital thermometer with a probe, the probe is placed on the actual basking area for accurate measurements. Or you can use a temp gun.
Analogue thermometers are inaccurate and can not be trusted.

Heres a link to our forums care sheet which should give more info and clarification. If you still have questions . . .ASK away
http://www.mybeardie.com/general_information.php

Latest posts