• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

light vs light

Red007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Florescent or the screw in type, or mercury vapor. I plan on using a flood light for basking. My tank is 48"/18"/18". But I have a custom top that adds 8 more inches to the height. It's not for the beardie though. It's so I can wire my lights up and have adjustable vents, with out seeing all the clutter. Just not sure what is is ideal. Price is not a issue here. Just want to get it right. I can use chains to raise and lower the light but the usable level of UV needs to reach a min. of 11" I can't lower the light any lower but can go up to 17" from the basking spot. If this didn't make any since I understand. I'm not good with words but just give me what you got. Thanks in advance.

Red007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also the light will not be filtered through screen or anything it will be in the tank. Just hidden from viewers of the BD's site.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, a florescent bulb or a 100 watt mercury vapor would be a good choice. Mercury vapor put out decent light but imo in a cage that size you may need to add a florescent full spectrum daylight bulb to iluminate the cage properly. Going the florescent uvb way will give you more option as far as heating is concerned.

Red007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Reptisun 10.0 36" ???? If this light do I have to buy the fixture or will any T8 36" fixture work? Or should I go with a 24.

Red007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks a lot, that and a basking bulb, setup both on a timer should take care of it.

Latest posts