• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lethargic after baytril

Lydia693

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone,

My bearded dragon Henry has been treated recently for a respiratory infection. He had a course of baytril for 2 weeks. While he was on them he still ate fine and was fairly active. He's had probiotics too to help his belly.
But now 1 week after finishing the antibiotics he is really lethargic and basking all day. Not eating very much and just not himself. Not scratching to come out etc...
So I'm getting concerned. He hasn't got a black beard and his sypltoms seem to have gone. He had the odd heavy breathe now and then hut he's not coughing or wheezing anymore at all.
I'm hoping this is just his way of making himself feel better and he will perk up soon. Has anyone had anything similar or can reassure me that it's normal?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210223_173002.jpg
    IMG_20210223_173002.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The only thing that I can think of is impaction. When this happens they won’t eat as much or not at all. And they will be very inactive. also if the humidity or temps have changed all of a sudden that could be somthing to. Please send a pic of the full setup

Lydia693

Bearded Dragon Egg
The only thing that I can think of is impaction. When this happens they won’t eat as much or not at all. And they will be very inactive. also if the humidity or temps have changed all of a sudden that could be somthing to. Please send a pic of the full setup
Hes pooed today, he does seem bloated though. Humidity is 32 and temps are 40 on basking, 32 warm end, 28 cool end.

Attachments

• 16141046934001122749014006422454.jpg
    16141046934001122749014006422454.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
104 F basking, 89 ish on warm end, 82 on cool end. Temps are correct. Enclosure looks fine. I dont know what is going on... just trust your gut if you think something is wrong better to be safe than sorry... but also take advice from the "experts" on here

Latest posts