• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leopard Gecko Help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey i have 3 leopard geckos in a 20 gallon tank and it works perfect and 2 of the geckos are full grown and all 3 have lived together for over a year now...... i feed them outside the tank and they never fight and sleep togther........ the problem is 1 of the geckos has a broken leg that has healed in a weird way and is nonstop shedding..... only half of the eye can be opened b/c the skin shed is covering the rest...... i soak her everyday and she eats good with my help of feeding her crickets....... but she is very skinny and has never has energy and is always sleeping......... i have been giving her calcium and water mix in a tiny serringe to help out....... is there anything i can do to really help with the weight and body shedding i have been using reptile shedding aid and soaking her and gently rubbing her back to roll off what skin i can get without hurting her......... i fell really bad about not helping her more then i can but i got her this way when i bought the other 2 and tank and everything........... i had the 2 to start with and sold them and just got them back and the little 1 came with them and i hate to see her like this............... my only idea is to go to repticon next weekend and try to give her away who knows what todo and who is selling geckos and to see how well their animals look b4 i give her up..............

*sorry for the spelling and the going around in circles*

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You said that you are soaking her once per.day...you may want to.try soaking for.15 mins in warm water every hour.
Let the skin come.off by itself.
If I.were you I would set her up.in a seperate tank also because she is in a weakened state. Your other two may injure her in that state.
I dont house leopard geckos together unless it is for breeding. Like many other species its not a great idea to start with.
Once you set her up in her own enclosure make sure she has a moist hide.
This can be easily down by placing a moist sponge or even moist paper towels in.her hide. You can also.raise the humidity in her enclosure by misting.
Also make sure that her temperature in the tank is correct.
If she is loosing weight fast then she is in stress. It's quite possible that along with the mishealed broken leg she has some.other internal injuries.
From.your.description.of her I would highly recommend you taking her to a qualified vet...they will be able to check her out completely and be able to help you best.
I.can tell you that the calcium and water you are giving her has no caloric value so she will not gain weight from that. If she is eating crickets tho that is good and if she will take from a syringe there are Reptile Caloric Supplements availble that you can get to try and boost her weight.
Again I would highly recommend you taking her to a vet. You said that she came with the other two that you had bought back so you really dont have any knowledge of what she has been thru. I would imagine for one that if she was injured and housed with the other two then she was not getting her fair share of food being unable to go after them.
Get her in her own enclosure so she doesnt have to compete and take her to the vet..best advise.
Hope something here helps.