• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Last straw, please help

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I have an older dog who likes to pee and poop. In the house, my dad is done with it. She's been doing it more recently and I think it might be because we're getting ready to move and its only me and my dad but he can't stand it anymore. Is there any way I can stop it? It used to be just in the basement so we kept the gate closed but she's been doing it upstairs too.

Also, we have a guinea pig who likes to tap on his water and have it spill all over his bedding so it needs more frequent changes, and I have to say it's very annoying because since my sisters not home I have to keep changing it. I wasn't sure if I can give him a water bowl instead of a bottle (I don't know what to call it)
Please help!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When an older animal starts peeing and pooping in the house it's usually a sign of something wrong. It could be stress from the move, but it could also be something more like bladder infection or kidney infection or even something that scares her about going outside to poop. I have no idea about the guinea pig. Can you put a bowl under his bottle to catch the water? I don't know what the drowning dangers would be.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
She's done it before it just has never been this recent and that's a good idea I'll put a bowl under the water

Also my dad told me that my younger larger dog follows her around outside and eats her poop

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I was just listening to the radio and the lady was saying that her dog pees and poops in the house. She will take it out and it will go outside and then like 20 min later she pees in the house. A vet tech called in and said that it could be a bladder infection :(

One of my older cats when through a phase of pooping on the basement floor. I started watching her when she went to the litter box and learned that because it was in the pantry she was getting bullied by the other cats.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Hopefully my dad will be able to take her to the vet soon, she's an older dog but I don't think she's getting bullied by the younger dog

Kiley Reagan

Bearded Dragon Egg
A simple semi-shallow bowl (like what is used for puppies) would work with the guinnie only problem would be the risk of the entire bowl of water getting knocked over. And although older dogs have a greater tendency to use the bathroom inside, It sounds like your dog would benifit from a vet appointment. You could even call you local vet, give them a few more details on your dog and they could give you more exstensive advise on what to do.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah he likes to flip his bowls, and I was holding up his bottle and it was leaking on its own so it might be that Charlie wasn't even doing it. We're probably going to get him a new one to see if that works better. If Charlie was actually the problem and not the bottle I will try to put a shallow dish underneath it and hopefully he won't flip it
I also am pretty sure something's wrong with her and that's why she's peeing in the house and am trying to convince my dad to take her to the vet
Thank you for your advice and help!!! I really appreciate it all!!!

Latest posts