• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

King Worms

dudleythedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Does anyone know much about king worms? A vet said that they had a lot less fat in them then a mealworm, and had a lot of calcium in them, making them a perfect for beardies?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there. I'm not familiar with king worms. Based on research, they appear to be fine for beardies. Since your beardie is so young, make sure they are no bigger than the space between his eyes. That is a general rule for all food.

Also, mealworms are not recommended for bearded dragons. They are too tough for them to break down. Try crickets and phoenix worms.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I also have never used them, are they normally alive or canned? If alive and you say full of calcium, naturally or "gut-filled"

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh, gosh. i feed gertrude crickets and an occasional wax worm. i haven't seen a king worm vendor. let me know how it goes.

dudleythedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah their aren't many vendors for them around, I have to buy atleast 50 of them to get any... the are quite a bit um shinier? then mealworms, and yeah i stay away from meal worms because they are pure fat! they are alive and "natrually" filled with calcium, or so i am told

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i realize that this is a very old post but i wanted to make sure i let anyone who doesnt know know that kingworms are superworms

Latest posts