• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kinda starting to hate the General public

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have my babies posted up on a local resale site here at Camp Lejeune to see if i got any interest. I got a few folks that have contacted me but everyone leaves as they thinki my price is too high. The two babies that i am selling are listed at 120 each obro (or best reasonable offer). One email only said "I can get em at the pet store for 60 bux" and another offered me 35 dollars. Tom im starting to feel your pain with people just not caring what they get anymore.

Just had to vent a lil.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i realize this is alot of pressure for you guys and i do understand. It just doesn't end...........ever. Yes, they can go to the petstore, yes they can spend 60.00. Sometimes that works out for them, sometimes not. But how many times have you heard "HELP" associated with "pet store" in the same paragraph? it doesn't take them long to figure out that those dragons with a little more (but not unreasonable) price tag have better attributes, health and start on life. Your average public views these animals as disposable. 100.00+ price tag isn't a disposable amount in this economy, so they just don't quite get it.

try to look at it this way, if they won't spend the money for a purchase, they wouldn't spend it at a vet. I still worry about the babies i've hatched, even when they reach their "old age" years. lol......so i like that confidence to know that I choose the owner, as well as them choosing the animal. Everybody has the right to research BEFORE they buy. if they did that.......then they'd realize that the pet store price ain't so good afterall huh?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes i (damn my nice guyness) tell them that if they purchase a baby from a pet store and need help or advice to please email me as advice is always free. Thats almost dumb on my part but i just cant let people unknowingly misstreat these animals and have no one to turn to when things go bad.

On a side note the largest of the babies (was the lowest color) is apparently going to turn out a high citrus yellow. He has been in shed for a bit now and night before last he shed part of his head and his tail and they are yellow and i mean yellow. Once he is done shedding ill post some pics.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
np Tom. It's hard to remember when you're feeding a couple hundred mouths, that at that moment, things could be much worse. They could be in the hands of someone who wouldn't feed them in this economy.
If you breed like I do, that's a concern for you.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i honestly think that care of the animal you are selling is (or at least should be) the biggest concern for breeders. In my forsale ads i state that i will need photos of setup along with a list of all supplies just so i know that they will take care of the baby when he gets there.

Latest posts