• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

juvenile dragon update

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Huge thanks again for the help here figuring stuff out. Little dude has gone from not eating to making me run to the pet store every two days for crickets.

I did the floor tile thing and used a plumbing fake rock which is use to cover drains and stuff and the enclosure looks much classier. Btw, I used 18x18" tiles and just had Lowes cut 'em to 17.5x17.5" and 18x17.5".

Dennis
SAM_0452.png
SAM_0453.png
SAM_0454.png
SAM_0455.png
SAM_0456.png
SAM_0458.png

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Huh. I used a hot glue gun to put the UV light fixture up but it only held for about an hour. Went to check on things and the light had flopped down. Luckily didn't land on His Highness. I'll redo that tomorrow I guess and be a bit more generous with the glue.

Dennis

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Once you have it held into place, be sure to place a heavy bead all the way around the top & side edges where it joins to or meets the glass. This should fix the problem. Are you using a full size hot glue gun or a smaller 'Craft' type glue gun?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I generally mount the fixtures leaving just enough space for me to get the tip of the hot glue gun in to run the bead along the top edge of the fixture. If you mount flush to the top rail of the tank it won't work.
I also mount the fixtures on edge instead of using the wide flat surface of the fixture. Am not saying one way is better than the other but it keeps the fixture higher in the tank and less likely your dragon may get to it.
Tile work looks great and am happy to hear your dragon is coming around! Getting their setup right is the key indeed:)

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
OK, remounted using almost a whole glue stick, and yes, full size glue gun, not the little "craft" one. I put a bead across the top, right side, and bottom. Thought I left enough room to get the glue gun in on the right but I didn't. Wiggled it and it felt solid. Hope it holds this time. I am so happy to see that little guy eating well and getting plump. And being otherwise quite prolific if you know what I mean.

Dennis

Latest posts