• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile and superworms

Denise Keith

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!! The only thing I can get my young beardie to eat is superworms, is this ok??? I have bought Dubia roaches, soldier fly, and crickets. She will not touch the other insects. She also gets her salads daily. But is it ok that I do the supers as my staple?? With her being young???

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Its good that she eats her veggies, but supers are very fatty, not the best staple for a youngster. But they do like them, so much so that they may hold out for them over other insects. I would try with the dubias again, get small easy to eat ones, you will need to be a bit cruel to be kind and let your dragon get a bit hungry then offer the dubias. You can try putting some in with her veggies, make sure the bowl is escape proof. Try to get the supers down to once or twice a week if you can.She will probably get into the dubias eventually, they wont starve themselves for long

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with the others. We are always learning more and more about them every day and we are learning that supers as a main food is not as good as we once thought. Supers have a high fat content and we are finding that more and more dragons that have been fed a mainly super diet (mine included) are obese. Cut back on the supers and offer other things like dubia and silk worms or BSFL. Eventually he will eat the others when he realizes he has no choice.

Latest posts