• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

just sad

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i keep seeing for sale ads from a breeder i really thought was a good breeder on bd.org for "proven" males that are 10 months old or so that are proven to younger females. thats terrible in my opinion. not to mention the age they arent even adult size with the post i read this morning the male is 13 inches and under 300 grams. its just sad.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
quoted from the post
Citrus Hypo x Tangerine Hypo He is another aggressive breeder I wish I had the room for,he is proven to 2 younger female's! He is 10 months old, 245 grams, and 13" with a 1.5" tail nip . I was asking $250 for this boy, but I'm willing to let him go for $85 shipped as I need the room for holdbacks!!!
How can you beat that? A proven Clear Nailed Hypo Male for $85 shipped!

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
quoted from the post
Citrus Hypo x Tangerine Hypo He is another aggressive breeder I wish I had the room for,he is proven to 2 younger female's! He is 10 months old, 245 grams, and 13" with a 1.5" tail nip . I was asking $250 for this boy, but I'm willing to let him go for $85 shipped as I need the room for holdbacks!!!
How can you beat that? A proven Clear Nailed Hypo Male for $85 shipped!

Physically males can breed at that age, ethically though... that just ain't right.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes i feel it to be a very unethical practice. not to mention that he is saying he bred this male to younger females. it is extremely unsafe and unhealthy to breed a female under at least a year old. i just dont understand how money can motivate someone to not care about their animals well being.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
many times, it not what in people say (as in that post) that worries me. Its what they don't say. Not something I'd want to contemplate. So just sit back and consider the source.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It's just like the puppy farms Brian. Mass produce and sell cheap. There is something very shady about that post of his, "was asking $250 now $85 w/shipping", somethings not jiving with that. And think it's horrible that he's breeding this male that young and to younger females. A lot of physical stress comes from that, and I'd bet he's already done a lot of damage, I can't image the females being healthy breeders for too long if he continues to stress their bodies in such a way. A shame really. Sadly, someone will be a sucker and buy him as a breeder, but, maybe that poor boy will be lucky and some kind hearted soul will rescue him.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If I had the extra money right now I'd rescue him. My female Princess came from a pet store that over bred her at a fairly young age. She a very spoiled dragon now tho

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he was "rescued" by a friend of mine. the seller was apparently just really wanting rid of the dragon let it go for shipping.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Glad to hear that he went to someone who will take care of him properly. At least now you know he will have a pretty good life. Sadly, I'm sure there will be other "hack breeders" posting more of those types of for sale posts

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok this thread is taking a turn to far south. I may not agree with this breeders practices on his timing, but I know him and I have seen how He cares for his dragons. They truly are not in need of rescue. He has healthy animals and healthy babys.

Latest posts