• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just got digital thermometer..question!

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone! I got some advice earlier from Germ about the dial thermometers and so today I just got a digital one(Yay!) and I kept the dial ones in the tank to compare it to the digital one and the humidity reading is drastically different between the two. The digital one says the humidity is 23% and the dial one says the humidity is 48%. That is such a big difference that it makes me nervous. I have a feeling that the digital one is more correct obviously and I should probably go by that number. I just wonder why there is SUCH a huge difference, and now I realize why you definitely need to have the proper thermometer because it could be the thing that hurts or helps your beardie! So do you all think the humidity is 23% or closer to 50? Thanks!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you don't have your AC going & have windows open, check your weather channel & see what the Relative Humidity is in your area, if you don't have a water bowl in the enclosure, the reading closest to the weather channel will likely be the more accurate one. There is very little you can do if the RH in the area is high, you can raise humidity in the enclosure, but very difficult to bring it down if everything in the enclosure is dry, other than dehumidify the whole house. AC will help dehumidify a home.

icon_thumright-1.gif
on the digital thermometer :) .

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
i was thinking that same thing when i first started to BB. Dont worry and ask away. Your are doing fine. It took him 5 or 6 times telling me the same thing to get it through my head.....i think my skull is thinker then the bd sometimes....:D

Latest posts